Jim Turner, a licensed commercial real estate broker for more than 30 years in Santa Barbara, possesses a broad background in national and regional commercial real estate. Early in his career he specialized in retail leasing and sales with the national firm Grubb & Ellis in their Ventura County Office, and later became Vice President and Director of Acquisitions and Leasing for Investec Real Estate Companies, where he spent nine years and was responsible for the acquisition and/or disposition of over 550,000 SF of commercial space and 1,050 apartment units in excess of $91 Million.
Jim also served as Vice President and West Coast Acquisitions Officer with Falcon Real Estate, an advisory firm based in New York. His responsibilities included the acquisitions of high-end apartments, investment-grade, net-leased investments and Class A office buildings in major West Coast markets including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego. During this time he was involved in real estate transactions totaling more than $235 Million in value. Prior to starting his own Real Estate Firm, Jim was a broker with Radius Commercial Real Estate and Latitude Commercial Real Estate in Santa Barbara where he specialized in investment sales in the local market, as well as exchanges and limited partnerships throughout the Western United States.
Jim was raised in Piedmont, CA and later moved to Santa Barbara along with his nine siblings. He attended Bishop Diego High School and later graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara. Jim and his wife have made Santa Barbara their home and raised three children here.
- Represented the Buyer in the Purchase of a high-end retail center at 2 Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, CA — Approx. 133,959 SF — $90,000,000
- Represented the Buyer in the Purchase of Mustang Village Apartments in San Luis Obispo, CA — 450-Unit Student Housing Complex — $9,257,000
- Represented the Seller in the Sale of the Elsinore Apartments in Solvang, CA — 29-Unit Complex — $3,330,000
- Represented Isolite Systems in the Lease of 29,487 SF Office/Warehouse space at 6868 Cortona Dr., Goleta, CA
- Represented Santa Barbara Infrared in the Lease of 20,250 SF Office space at 26 E. Calle Cesar Chavez, Santa Barbara, CA
- Represented Integrated Insurance in the Lease of 19,326 SF Office space at 90 Castilian Dr., Goleta, CA
- Damitz, Brooks, Nightingale in the Lease of 7,457 SF Office space at 200 E. Carrillo St., Santa Barbara, CA
1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges:
- Represented an exchange buyer in the purchase of a Dollar General Store in West Warwick, Rode Island
- Represented an exchange buyer in the purchase of a Family Dollar Store in Houston, Texas
- Represented an exchange buyer in the purchase of a CVS Drugstore in Tulare, California
- Boys & Girls Club of Santa Barbara, Past Board President
- Santa Barbara Region Chamber of Commerce, Past Board Chairman